Civic Leadership: setting the overall direction and long term goals for the Tweed in line with community aspirations.
You might like to consider and contribute ideas on how Council and the community can:
- Ensure actions taken and decisions reached are based on the principles of sustainability
- Improve decision making by engaging stakeholders and seeking community involvement
- Deliver services through adequate resources, best value options and ensure capacity to maintain community assets
- Strengthen coordination among Commonwealth and State governments and their agencies and other service providers to avoid duplication, synchronise service delivery and seek economies of scale.
- Manage and plan for a balance between population growth, urban development and environmental protection.