Category planning reforms Show all
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link
Tweed Shire Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from appropriately qualified persons for a Tweed Rural Land Strategy technical reference panel.
The Tweed Rural Land Strategy Reference Panel will comprise qualified professionals, experienced local rural landowners and other persons with a direct and recognised interest in the future of rural land in the Tweed. The panel will provide a technical review of draft documents before they go on public exhibition, and act as a technical resource to inform and guide best landuse practices and outcomes of the Rural Land Strategy.
Click here to see the reference panel charter.
The panel will convene in late May 2013 and is expected to run for the remainder of the year as the final draft rural land strategy is prepared.
An outline of responsibilities of panel members can be obtained from Council offices at Murwillumbah and Tweed Heads or on Council’s website www.tweed.nsw.gov.au.
The panel will comprise persons who:
- Are recognised for their knowledge and experience in a particular rural or related industry.
- Are able to provide a positive and expert input.
- Represent relevant Government agencies or educational institutions.
- Represent the diverse range of rural landuses and associated industries, including:
- dairy farming
- beef cattle
- vegetable farming
- sugar cane farming
- intensive agriculture
- rural lifestyle living
- rural business (non agricultural/horticultural land use)
- government agencies
- tourism and marketing organisations
- educational institutions
- landcare networks
- organic farming
- other legitimate rural land or associated industries or land uses
Interested persons are asked to submit an Expression of Interest which addresses their:
- Background, experience and expertise.
- Contribution they can make to the panel's outputs.
- Acceptance of the role of the panel as a technical review panel only.
- Ability to critically analyse and assess draft documents.
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the rural land uses and associated industries listed above.
Expressions of Interest should be delivered to Council's offices at Murwillumbah and Tweed Heads, or posted to: Rural Land Strategy – Expression of Interest, General Manager, Tweed Shire Council, PO Box 816, Murwillumbah NSW 2484
Expressions of Interest should be received no later than Wednesday 15 May 2013.