Stage 1 - Consultation summary
Thanks for having your say on the proposed upgrade to Fingal Foreshore Park, Fingal Head
Over 60 people completed the survey which canvased ideas for the new play space.
Stage One survey – July 2019
Respondents to the survey supported the idea of upgrading the park and told us what they would like to see (in order of priority):
- Natural and built shade for sun protection
- Natural play equipment that caters for 2-12 years
- Pathways and improved access for people with a disability or a mobility impairment
- A cultural play space that captures the cultural values of the site
- Slide, climbing equipment, swings
- Improved access to the viewing platform
- Seating areas
Protecting the existing open space for picnics, informal games and other activities, providing outdoor fitness equipment, and improved maintenance were also important to the local community.
The proposal and design of the new play space will also be determined by the outcome of a Cultural Heritage Assessment of the area. The assessment will improve the understanding, identification and assessment of Aboriginal cultural heritage values within the site.